with COLETTE KENNY
Helping you live your dreams of a more self-sufficient life!
What are YOU dreaming of?
More Self-Sufficiency? Off-Grid Living?
Your Own Tiny House?
Welcome to Half-Acre Homestead! I'm so glad you stopped by today.
I have just launched this website to share my knowledge about self-sufficiency with people just like you. Every day, I live close to the earth in a small, sustainable eco-cabin I am building through my own efforts. I grow my own food, make my own plant-based medicines and stay strong through my attention to preventative health.
The website seed has been planted! I hope you will come along for the journey as I add content and grow. If you would like to know about new developments here on Half-Acre Homestead, look just below for a chance to keep in touch. I will be happy to send you updates about all the exciting stuff that is growing here!Read my story
Be the first to get Half-Acre Homestead news and updates!
Join the Half-Acre Homestead community mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from the homestead. Subscribers will get first notice about my upcoming free online course about self-sufficiency!
Your confidentiality will be maintained at all times. Your information will never be shared or sold.
What's Unique Here for You
- I live and teach WHOLE PERSON self-sufficiency: Mind, Body, and Spirit. I will share more about this in my upcoming Free Intro Course.
- Looking for practical info you can start using today? My How-To Guides are there to help you get started. Want to keep bees? Make your own Kefir? Stay Safe from Ticks (to name a few)? I got you covered!
- Interested in herbalism and foraging? I teach Whole Gardening, a form of creative organic gardening that welcomes edible and medicinal "weeds" to the garden that also support native pollinators. Check out my BLOG for great updates on my garden!
- Are you crazy about Tiny Homes, too? Learn from someone with over 20 years of Tiny Home experience (ya, before they were even a THING!) and five years experience completely off-grid in a tiny home on wheels.
- How DOES a woman in her late forties with no background in construction ACTUALLY design and build an eco-cabin? AND what the heck IS an eco-cabin??? I share my designing and building stories on my Tiny Homes page!
- My home, my gardening, and my life are all informed by my deep energetic connections to plants, animals and all of nature. Living sustainably and deeply connected to this half-acre brings me a great deal of joy, which I love to share with you through my teachings and writings.
Resources for every stage of the journey
My Free Introductory course on Self-Sufficiency will be launching this fall! I will be sharing my best tips on being self-reliant using my own wholistic framework.
Stay in touch by subscribing with your email on the Home Page or About Page so that you get an early chance to register.
I would love to hear from you and help you reach your own goals. Together we can focus on any topic area you are interested in. Work towards achieving your dreams with personalized guidance from an off-grid homesteader with lots of know-how and a can-do attitude.
How To Guides
Learn skills for a more self-sufficient life. You can do it! These guides cover a huge range of topics: from food preservation to protecting you and your family from tick bites.
The Half-Acre Homestead community has also requested key topics. What are you interested in doing? Drop me a line through email and let me know!
Nature is doing her best each moment to make us well. Why, nature is but another name for health.
Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher.